Join The Network
Our primary members are Service and Conservation Corps. We also have Affiliate Members -- and a special membership level for those programs that only need access to a Health Insurance Plan that meets AmeriCorps requirements. Scroll down for a description of the various levels, or download the Member Benefits Guide.
By joining The Corps Network, you can become actively engaged in a national movement advancing Service and Conservation Corps as programs that improve communities and impact the lives of young people. We’ll help you develop quality, sustainable programs and reach more people.
1. Is a powerful advocate on your behalf in Washington DC promoting legislation and seeking federal funding opportunities.
2. Can provide you access to project and funding opportunities.
3. Helps you develop new relationships and opportunities through our Network.
4. Provides you information and expertise on strong Corps operations and programming.
5. Helps your Corps to attract attention and resources by publicizing on a national level what your Corps accomplishes.
• Access to the Corps Coop (a Group Purchasing Organization).
• Access to the Department of Interior Federal Credit Union for your employees, volunteers, and their family members.
• Our Weekly E-Newsletter, The Crewleader
• Access to AmeriCorps Education Awards
• Access to Health Insurance program for Corpsmembers
• Access to Members-Only resources on website
• Discounted registration to the annual National Conference
The Corps Network (TCN) offers 3 levels of Membership: Full Members, Affiliate Members, and AmeriCorps Basic Members. Under the Full Members category, there are Service and Conservation Corps, Individual Placement Programs and Emerging Corps.
Service and Conservation Corps
Individual Placement Program
Affiliate Members: any government agency or organization interested in promoting and assisting Corps, including those which operate similar programs or are starting a Corps. Representatives may serve on committees and can request basic technical assistance. Annual dues are $750 for FY15.
AmeriCorps Basic Members: a program, other than a Corps, which has AmeriCorps-funded participants, may become a Basic AmeriCorps Member for the only benefit of participating in TCN’s Health Insurance program. Annual dues are $300 for FY15 (NOTE: dues for grantees within States where the Commission is an Affiliate member are waived. Check here for a current list).
The Corps Network defines a Corps as a comprehensive youth development and service program that engages young people in service to their community while improving their own lives. Corps are programs within government units or private not-for-profit organizations that have these common elements:
1. Engage Corpsmembers between the ages of 16 to 25.
2. Organize their Corpsmembers in crews or teams and assign a supervisor to serve as a mentor and role model.
3. Have a defined program model that provides growth opportunities to Corpsmembers through a combination of intentional development activities that include education/training, career readiness, and supportive services.
4. Have a defined period of full-time service for their Corpsmembers that is either paid or provides a stipend/living allowance and is tied to developmental goals.
5. Have a goal of providing service to the communities they serve as a central element of their missions.
Please contact Bobby Tillett at The Corps Network for an application form which will help you determine which category of membership is appropriate for your organization.